This year’s graduating students have gone through challenges generations of students before them didn’t have to deal with. It’s not just getting the grades, passing the tests and writing the papers. It’s navigating the ins and outs of remote learning, trying to learn in-person safely and negotiating a hybrid version of both. It’s been tough, and those diplomas and degrees are especially hard-earned.
The best gift you can give them is the opportunity to get away from all that stress and get out into the world. Travel was already the perfect mind-expanding experience for young graduates preparing to take on the world. Now it’s the thing that can get them out and about after a long period of isolation and lack of socialization. You’ve probably been telling them all their lives to get off their screens and go outside. Now’s your chance to help them have some in-person experiences instead of virtual ones.
As Robin Williams’ character said in “Good Will Hunting,” “Michelangelo? You know a lot about him. Life’s work, political aspirations. Him and the pope. Sexual orientation. The whole works, right? I bet you can’t tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.” Experience is the greatest teacher in life. So give the graduate in your life the Gift of Travel.
Our Travel Dreaming gift boxes are a way to give the Gift of Travel with a customized gift certificate for future travel and any materials on specific destinations and experiences you would like to add. As a special thank you, we will also include some of our curated travel items so you and your loved ones can experience your next getaway to its fullest potential.
Giving the Gift of Travel options:
1) Personalized Travel Planning – $250*
This option allows you to purchase four hours of personalized travel planning services, including the following:
- 15-Minute initial trip consultation
- Use of the Wanderlist interest & destination platform
- Suggested destinations
- Research of destinations
- Flight suggestions and planning
- Accommodation recommendations
- Transport logistics: planes, trains, car, ferry, subway, etc.
- Suggested tours
- Suggested activities
- Trip insurance recommendations
- Travel health review
- Currency and banking preparations
- Cell phone recommendations when traveling internationally
- Packing lists and tips to prepare
- Passport & Visa information
- Trip financing and payment recommendations
- Personalized travel planning certificate
* Note that this option includes travel planning for up to four hours, which is the average time needed for planning a trip. For itineraries that require more extensive travel planning, such as multi-city itineraries, recipients can upgrade the package at the time of planning. This upgrade will always be discussed in advance of travel planning.
2) Personalized travel planning with travel certificate add-ons
Personalized travel planning with a travel gift certificate – $250 plus the value of the travel certificate with a value of your choice, which can be used toward any type of travel.
Personalized travel planning with a specific trip or group departure – $250 plus the cost of the trip booked.
Custom Gift of Travel gift boxes
Once you have selected which option best suits your needs we will begin putting together a personalized gift box that includes a customized gift certificate for future travel as well as any other type of materials on trip specific destinations and experiences you would like to add. As a special thank you we will also include some of our own curated travel items to help you and your loved ones experience your next getaway to its fullest potential.
Have some additional questions, or ready to give the Gift of Travel? Contact your travel advisor and we can get started planning the perfect option for you.